Release Notes (2.0.4)
- Manage Payments via the Domains Table: You can now manage payment methods and generate invoices for your different Domains from the Account Page. Click on the Domain to show a list of payments, and use the print/download icons to generate an invoice for that payment period.
- Delete Account via the Company Info box: You can now manually delete your account by going to your Account page, and selecting "Delete Account" from the 3-dot menu in the top right of the Company Info box.
- Editing your Company Information
- Understanding Domain Status
- Adding new or editing existing payment method
- Cancelling your domain subscription
- Deleting your Cookie Compliance account
To edit your Company Information, go to your Account page and click on the options icon (3-dots) in the top right corner of the Company Information box.
Your Company Information is used throughout the application, specifically in the Consent Logs feature. When your website collects data from site visitors, you are known as a data controller. When you export Proof-of-Consent using the Consent Logs feature, the log file contains fields that identify both the business and the person responsible for privacy and compliance practices:
- If you are a business owner running your own website, then your contact information should populate these fields
- If you are running a website for a business with a dedicated privacy or compliance team, then contact information for the team lead should populate these fields
To edit your Company Logo, go to your Account page and click "Edit Logo" in the Company Information box. Upload your preferred logo, icon or picture and it will show up in the top right of your Cookie Compliance app.
If you want to learn more about how Cookie Compliance uses your Company Information, click here.
A domain is inactive when it is first created. When you first configure and publish your banner, the application will sync with your website and start getting data from the banner, which will change the domain status from inactive to active. Note: you must have a valid payment method for your Cookie Compliance subscription prior to publishing your banner.
A domain is active when the banner is live and behaving as expected.
A domain is pending when there is a billing or payment issue. You are notified that your domain status has changed to pending once we are unable to process your payment method, and are given a 7-day grace period to update your payment method. Once the 7-day grace period expires, your domain status changes to suspended.
A domain is suspended when the payment grace period expires. If you do not update your payment method within the 7-day grace period, your domain status changes to suspended. A suspended domain will still serve the consent banner to site visitors, but Autoblocking and Consent Logs will be turned off. This means that the application will not automatically block cookies or store a record of visitor consent for the suspended domain, which may impact your domain's compliance.
Your domain subscription must have an authorized, valid payment method active before you are able to publish a banner on your website. In the Domains table, the Status of your domain should say "Active", and the Paid Until column should show a date beyond the current date. If these two conditions are true, and you aren't seeing the banner on your website, please contact support.
To update or retry a payment method, click the 3-dot icon next to your domain name in the Domains table. The select "Retry Payment" to reopen the payment window. Update your subscription or enter in your new payment method in the fields provided. Your Cookie Compliance subscription will update and show a new status and "paid until" date.
Cancel Domain Subscription
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Go to your Domains table, click the 3-dot icon next to your domain name, and select "Delete". You will be asked to confirm deletion of your domain, and informed that all associated data will be deleted. We will hold your data in escrow for 14 days to allow you to reactivate your domain subscription without losing any data if you should choose to come back.
You can download the .csv of your Consent Logs to ensure you have a copy of your proof-of-consent logfiles.
To fully delete your account, cancel all future payments, and remove all your domain data from the Cookie Compliance application, click the 3-dot menu in the Company Info box and select "Delete Account". Once you confirm, your account is put into a pending state for 24 hours. After 24 hours, your account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.