How do I get the latest banner configuration to publish properly? (START HERE)
If you are experiencing issues and not seeing your latest configuration settings after publishing, please use the following methods:
If you use a caching plugin (e.g. WP Super Cache, WP Total Cache, WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache):
- Try to disable these features one-by-one; minification / compression can generally be used if they do not generate any issues, however script deferring will cause the banner to malfunction. Script deferring changes the way scripts are executed on a website. Our script cannot be deferred because it has to be initialized before any other scripts are executed in order to function correctly.
- Once disabled, clear your browser cache, then go to your WordPress plugin settings page for Cookie Compliance and click the "Purge Cache" button, then Save Changes before proceeding to the next step.
- Go to the Configuration page and click "Publish Now". Allow a minute before checking whether the translation has been published as expected.
If the method above does not apply, or is unsuccessful in solving the issue:
- Go to your Account page in Cookie Compliance app and click the 3-dot menu next to the domain name; choose the "Edit" option
- Copy the AppID and Secret Key fields at the bottom
- On your WordPress plugin settings page, delete the AppID and Secret Key fields, and click Save Changes.
- Paste the AppID and Secret Key you copied from the application into the WordPress plugin settings page, and Save Changes.
This should reset your plugin, at which point you can go back to your Configuration page in the app and click "Publish Now".